Pimples are an issue when occurring in visible parts of the body, especially the face. Hence, many people try to find a fast way to get rid of the problem, which is commonly by squeezing it to let the pus out and the pimple dry. The problem is that in fact, getting rid of pimples by squeezing it is not advised, and below are some causes:
- Squeezing pimples damages its surrounding skin, which can lead into scars.
- Popping pimples will transfer bacteria and germs from the hands—and other skin areas to the infected areas, which may lead into more severe infection.
- Getting rid of pimples by popping it will lead into more inflammation and redness.
Considering this, it is better to get pus out of a pimple with a hand-free solution. In fact, some home remedies and natural ingredients are able to help you getting rid of pimples without put your hands on it and pop.
Methods of getting pus out of pimples without popping
Use heat to hasten pus drainage in pimples
Apply sufficient heat on the infected skin to get pus out of pimples without having to pop it. This is an easy method which you can do at home regularly. Soak a clean towel into a bowl of warm water and apply it onto the pus-filled pimples. Heat will open the pores up, letting the pus out faster. Clean the drainage with a cotton ball soaked in saline solution to prevent further infection.
Apply salicylic acid or hydrocortisone containing acne gel
These ingredients will let the pus-filled pimples to pop by itself by opening up the pores. Salicylic acid and hydrocortisone are also helpful for treating blind pimples by encouraging the formation of pus, which will hasten the entire healing process.
Washing the face with anti-bacterial cleanser
Rinsing the face with warm water before applying the cleanser is very helpful in getting rid of pus-filled pimples. Afterwards, wash your face and focus on the infected area to prevent further outbreak and kill germs which reside in existing pus-filled pimples. This will heal the pimples without putting any pressure to the surrounding skin.
Home remedies to get rid of pus-filled pimples
Toothpaste helps drying out pimples and get pus out of it. To get rid of pus-filled pimples using this remedy, some steps are:
- Make sure you pick a mint-containing toothpaste.
- Choose the white paste toothpaste instead of the gel one.
- Dab a small amount of toothpaste using your fingertip onto the pus-filled pimples. This stings, but effective.
- Do the treatment twice a day before bath time and before going to bed.
- Rinse the toothpaste and pat the area dry.
- Within two or three days, the pus will get out of the pimples without being popped.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is a strong anti-bacterial which kills germs and bacteria residing in your pimple and thus, help opening skin pores up to get the drainage out. To use this, you need to:
- Wash the face and pat dry.
- Using a cotton ball or swab, dab a small amount of pure tea tree oil onto the pus-filled pimples.
- Leave it overnight to work.
- Rinse the face in the morning and wash it gently with tea tree containing face wash.
Onion, which you can easily find in the kitchen, contains a strong microbial substance. It works for boils by draining it naturally. To perform the treatment, follow the steps:
- Take a thick slice of onion.
- Apply the slice directly onto the boils or pimples.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes, so that the heat from onion reach the skin.
- Do this three times a day to let the pimples drain out naturally.
Epsom salt which can be found in any drugstore is an effective remedy for boils and pus-filled pimples. To do the treatment using this remedy, here is the directions.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water.
- Add a teaspoon Epsom salt into it.
- Steam your face and wash it with the solution afterwards.
- Pat dry and repeat until the pus-filled pimples drain out.