You might get wounded from many kinds of activities and accidents. Although your wounds might be small and shallow, faster healing process will be a blessing. There are some kinds of fabricated medicines and wound treatments that claim to heal wounds in a fast period with minimized scarring effects. Despite this, the medicines might have unwanted side effects, because of the chemicals they might contain. To heal your wound safer, you might want to consider the use of more contemporary cares that are believed to promote less side effects.
What are the benefits to heal wounds with contemporary medications?
Contemporary medications are getting more popular today. Many people have experienced the benefits of healing wounds with home remedies that have been used for centuries. These remedies do not give effects as faster as those advanced medicines do, yet several things have become considerations of why people decide to give contemporary medications a chance. The benefits of this kind of medication include:
- Easy to get. Most of contemporary medications used in wound care use the things you can easily find in or around your house.
- More economical. Contemporary wound care is cheaper than hospital or prescribed treatments. As contemporary treatments mostly use plants, fruits, herbs, or any other home ingredients, you wouldn’t have to pay extra for professionals service.
- Anti-allergic. Most contemporary medication usually do not cause severe allergies, as it is done through natural ingredients.
An overview of contemporary wound care
Healing a wound might be very expensive, especially when you are suffering from chronic wounds that require a series of repeated therapies and hospital treatments. Advanced prescribed medications also cost a fortune, which take roles in boosting the expenses. In Asia, especially those countries with various medication techniques like China, people rely on traditional medication rather than the advanced one. Through this less expensive system, healing a wound might become much cheaper. This kind of medication are also believed to be safer as they promote less negative side effects which can lead to complication of diseases.
For quite a long time, honey has become one of the most famous natural medication. Honey, as various researchers have agreed, can cure serious skin infections. However, you have to be cautious when deciding to dress your wounds with honey. The reliable kind of honey which is often used for wound medication is the honey as the result of bees foraging on Manuka flowers. This kind of honey is used because it is proven to kills bacterial cells produced during wound healing process, which can inhibit its speed. Not all kinds of honey can be used to treat your wounds, as they have different ingredients.
When deciding to use honey as your wound medication, you have to choose the raw honey. Do not use those honey you find in the supermarket as a wound dressing, because those honey are already mixed with high fructose corn syrup, which instead of healing your wound, will instead cause infections. Through an enzymatic process, raw honey will release hydrogen peroxide which produces natural antiseptic. This will kill bacteria found on your wound and thus, speed up the healing process. Some other contemporary wound cares are also getting popular todays, such as:
- Essential oils. Essential oils contain natural ingredients which can prevent infection and reduce wound inflammation. Tea-tee, lavender, geranium, chamomile, and clove oils have been very useful in wound dressing treatments. Should you have sensitive skin, you can mix these oils with warm water before applying them onto your wounds. Essential oils are useful for rashes, burns, and skin abscess.
- Aloe Vera. This plant is an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agent. Aloe Vera has soothing sensation that can ease cuts, burns, or scraps.
- Traditional Chinese medicines. Chinese medicines range from cheaper to very expensive ones. Those are made of herbal ingredients which are useful for wound healing. Chinese medicines can treat cuts or other small wounds and chronic wounds.
Healing a wound would be either very simple—as you even won’t notice the wound gone or extremely expensive. Turning from expensive advanced medications into the contemporary one can give you similar effect with less expenses.