A cold sore is not always about the pain it might cause. Yet, this is a skin disorder which may distract your entire skin beauty. As cold sore blisters often occur on your facial skin, the effects it might cause can be related to your comfort and self-esteem. You possibly have an important day to follow, yet you develop this stingy blisters out of nowhere. As healing cold sores might be long and exhausting, treating it properly at the first eruption will be much helping. However, some people might not notice the initial stage of this herpes virus infection until they spot some watery blisters around their mouth.
Cold sore is triggered by several things, such as weakened immune system, sunlight overexposure, or hormonal fluctuation. Initially, cold sores give you some signs of eruption. This—which is called a fever blister includes the sensation of burning around the labial areas, tingling skin or lips, or aching. When these symptoms are felt, it is a perfect time to get rid of the virus before some blisters appear, because by then, it might be too late to get rid of the skin problem quickly.
Getting rid of a fever blister in one day
Initial treatment works better for any health problems including a fever blister, which is an early sign of cold sore development. As soon as you feel the aching, burning, tingling, or stingy sensation on your lips or around your mouth, you might consider doing some of these advices for preventing further cold sore blisters which are likely to occur on the next day.
- Put an ice cube onto the affected area and leave it for 15 minutes. This will numb the area and inhibit viral infection which lead to painful blisters. Ice cubes help reducing swollen skin and prevent the viral infection from spreading. This treatment also gives you a shooting effect which decrease the burning effect caused by fever blisters.
- Apply a lemon juice solution which consists of 70 percent lemon juice and 30 percent water onto the tingling area. Strong acid in lemon juice is not a conducive environment for virus to grow. Hence, it may inhibit the formation of cold sore further.
- You can also use a damp black or green tea bag. Tea is a strong antioxidant which will help your skin cells to fight the inflicting virus.
- Garlic is also known as a treatment which may eliminate fever blister in one day. Garlic is full of antiviral enzymes which prevent blisters from forming. It also has an antibacterial property which disinfect your affected area and heal it fast. Crush some garlic into a paste and apply directly onto your fever blisters. Leave it for 15 minutes and rinse.
- Another remedy for a quick cold sore healing is toothpaste. It contains a substance called sodium lauryl sulfate which will reduce the blisters size quickly. You need a white paste toothpaste which is non-whitening and non-colored to avoid further infection, instead.
- Salt and milk may also help eliminating fever blisters overnight. Mix the two ingredients and directly apply the mixture onto the affected area. Salt is high in antibacterial property, while milk helps reducing the stingy effect of the salt by buffering it into protein.
- Tea tree oil is also helping fever blisters. This is an ingredient with high level of antivirus. You need to make a solution of a 50% tea tree oil and 50% water then soak a cotton ball into the solution and apply it directly onto the fever blisters. The solution will decrease the size of the blisters and dry it out to prevent further blisters formation.