Boils can seem little and are sometimes unnoticed. This skin problem might happen to children and adult, and can be located in various body parts. This skin problem might be painful and annoying, if not closely connected to embarrassment. Boils might appear as small raised skin initially. Eventually, they get bigger and inflated. Although not always, boils are often located on the skin in which fats or oil are accumulated.
How does boil occur?
Boils are the result of bacterial infection beneath hair follicles. Boils are usually red, inflated, and pus-filled. The pus inside this inflated skin comes from the accumulation of white blood cells, proteins, and bacteria. A boil might be small, yet this is a kind of skin disorder which is severely painful. Boils are commonly formed beneath the epidermis. A small part of it might bulge up to the skin surface and seemed as the “eye”.
What causes boils?
Boils might be triggered by various causes. Mainly, this is a bacterial infection. The white blood cells which are defeated by these bacteria turn into the form of pus trapped beneath inflated red skin. Boils also happen as the result of immune system degeneration. When immune system is disturbed, virus and bacteria can easily interfere our inner cells and tissues. In addition, boils might also be a sign of certain infection inside our body. Certain trapped toxins might also bulge up onto the upper skin in the form of boils.
What are the symptoms?
Boils are definitely visible. Initially, it might occur as merely reddish, raised skin. During days, this raised skin has the form of the “eye” on the top. The flattened area might be red-white combination of color. Boils growth is usually followed by joint soreness and even fever. Most boils are filled with pus and blood, which is a clear sign of bacterial infection. Boils are located usually on buttocks, thighs, legs, and arms. This is a common disease that can be suffered by anyone, children and adults.
What medications can be used for treating boils?
As boils are caused mainly by infection, antibiotics are the most common medications used for healing existing boils. This medication is intended to kill harmful bacteria which causes infection. However, boils treatment usually takes a long time, that people start to care about other treatments which can boost the healing process apart from the antibiotics. Hence, home remedies which can be done without professional assistance is getting preferred.
How to treat skin boils naturally at home?
Home remedies can be done for treating initially-formed boils. Various ingredients can be used to kill harmful bacteria and ease the pain caused by skin boil formations. Some cautions might also speed up the healing process.
- Leave the boils alone. Do not touch it, scratch it, and especially try to poke it out no matter how you might be tempted to do so. Most boils are indeed itchy and painful, yet doing such actions will cause worse infection and prolong healing process.
- Put a warm towel that has been diluted into water-Epsom salt solution. Epsom salt is a natural healing agent which kill germs and bacteria. This will help the wounded skin heal quicker.
- If the boils open, rinse it with clean water and cover it with a sterilized bandage to keep the wound moist. Moist environment promotes quicker natural collagen production which will heal opened boils properly.
- Boils might be a result of weakened immune system. Therefore, consuming vegetables and fruits which are rich of vitamin E and C is essential for healing this faster. Oranges are great anti-inflammatory, while beans are powerful antioxidant which will speed up the healing process.
- Wear loose clothes. Tight clothes are not breathable and might scratch your wounded skin. This might cause infection, especially when the clothes are not hygienic. Tight clothes might also trap the heat and slow down natural collagen production.
- Cut a potato into slices and put it on the affected area. This will give an instant shooting effect to reduce the pain.