Nobody likes scars because they are ugly. Therefore, scars need to be immediately treated and removed. There are several types of scars that can be found happening to some people. One of the scar types is hypertrophic scar. What is hypertrophic scar? This is the kind of scar commonly caused by inflammation, surgery, burns or trauma. This type of scar is more often found in young people especially for those with the darker skin tone. Being obviously ugly, hypertrophic scars are hated. Seeking for hypertrophic scar natural treatment or the other treatment option becomes a natural thing to be done.
Identifying the Scar and Further Look on the Cause
Identifying this kind of scar is easy. Hypertrophic scar will be seen as the red or pink and thick slightly rose from the surrounding skin. As mentioned above, the causes are burns, inflammation, surgery and trauma. To be more precised, there is something wrong with the initial phase of healing those conditions. This wrong thing leads to the deposit of collagen in massive amount that eventually rose on the skin as hypertrophic scar. The scar can be itchy with dry skin that might flake out of the scar. There will also be no fluids or pus.
Treating the Scars with Natural Remedies
There are several ways to treat the hypertrophic scar. Before trying the options of surgery, therapies or other methods, trying the natural treatment is a good thing. There are several natural remedies that can be tried.
- A mix of chamomile tea and salt in a hot temperature (but not too hot) can be used to compress the scar for twice or more every day.
- Essential oils such as lavender oil, mustard seed oil, rose hip oil and olive oil can be used. Massage the scar with the oils every time there is a chance. It’ll help in loosen the dead skin cells.
- Citric acid in lemons will help too. Squeeze the juice of lemon and soak a cotton pad into the juice. Take the pad and apply the lemon juice to the scar. Wait until approximately 10 minutes before washing it.
- Cocoa butter can be used in the similar way with the essential oils.
- The gel of aloe vera can be used and applied on the scar to help getting rid of the scar.
- Baking powder is good too. Just mix baking powder with a little bit of water in order to get a paste that will be applied to the scar.
The Usefulness of Vitamin E
Last but not least, eating healthy diet for skin will be a great and recommended thing. Vitamin E will be very helpful. This vitamin will help in reducing the visibility of scar or even getting rid of scar. Supplements, lotions or the natural sources of vitamin E such as hazelnuts and almonds will be useful. One other thing that should be remembered about treating the hypertrophic scar is about the natural treatment will take longer time. So, patience will be needed.