Psoriasis is a disease which can happen to children and adults, although it is more common in adults. This red flakes dots in the skin are mostly itchy and might be painful. Psoriasis is a non-contagious disease which can be triggered by internal and external factors. In the first place, psoriasis is caused by immune degeneration. Specifically, the cause of psoriasis can be various between individuals. Removing psoriasis permanently may be difficult, yet there are some ways to heal the itchy thickened skin to make it get better.
Substances needed in healing psoriasis
To heal psoriasis, you will need to seek for creams or lotions which contain salicylic acid and coal tar which promote shedding of dead skin cells. Salicylic acid is also pain relieving and can play the role as an anti-inflammatory agent. A blend of salicylic acid and coal tar results in a mixture which promotes faster new cells growth. Aloe vera and jojoba can also be good substances in healing psoriasis, since those substances moisturize and soothe the affected areas. An oral medications containing antibiotics can also be taken based on doctor’s prescription. Psoriasis treatments need to be done regularly and persistently, as this is a disease which reoccurs easily and is hard to remove completely. You might reduce topical and oral medications as soon as you notice healing progress on the psoriasis.
How to know psoriasis is healing
Psoriasis is a skin disorder which includes itchiness, rashes, red dots, dry scales, and thickened skin. In a severe case, psoriasis makes the skin very dry that it might crack and bleed. Topical creams and ointments might help killing harmful bacteria which cause psoriasis infection. Moisturizing the affected areas also helps decreasing dry scales which makes psoriasis worse. You might want to pay attention to several signs showing your psoriasis is healing to prevent excessive medications which can trigger other skin disorders, instead. Psoriasis medications commonly show results within three months of use. Those results might include:
- Reduced itchiness. Psoriasis symptom is dominated by itchiness. This is the most common symptom occurring in any kind of psoriasis. Should you feel less itchiness on the affected areas, you can tell that the psoriasis is healing and thus, you may reduce any medications you are taking. Instead, you should start tanning and let your affected areas exposed to adequate sunlight. This will heal psoriasis faster and more naturally.
- No more flaking. Psoriasis is also accompanied by skin flaking. You might notice that the affected skin becomes severely dry and produce flakes. When your medications work properly, your skin will stop flaking. This is one of the signs of healed psoriasis you can easily notice.
- Hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation. Skin discoloration commonly occurs as a sign that psoriasis is healing. This might be annoying, since you are going to have some spots with distinctive colors from the rest of the skin. However, some white or darker spots are the signs that your medications work well on your psoriasis.
- Flatter or smaller-sized lesions. Skin thickening is common to psoriasis infection. These lesions happen as a result of bacterial infection which leads to inflammation disorder. If your medications work well, the bacterial infection should stop because those topical or oral medications might have killed the harmful germs. Flattened lesions is a sign that psoriasis is healing. Some people also find decreasing lesion diameter, which is also a good sign of healed psoriasis.
- No redness. Inflammation happens during psoriasis infection might causes skin redness. When your psoriasis is healing properly, you might not be able to see any more redness. Your uneven patches also flatten. Based on individual’s skin type, some light pink areas might still be there and will fade during time.
If you notice the signs of healed psoriasis, you can reduce any medications you are using. However, you need to put in mind that there is always a chance for psoriasis to come back at any time. Therefore, prevention is always better. The fact that psoriasis can be triggered by your diets requires your attention to avoid excessive meats and junk foods consumption. Get your skin adequate level of morning sunlight also helps preventing psoriasis from reoccurring.
Leave a Reply