Although seems insignificant and often unnoticed until occurring, anal fissures will cause significant discomfort and pains. Many people even avoid the urge to go because they are terrified of the effects of this fissure to the bowel movements. Its location and the caused pain often terrorize the patients, which may end up deciding having a surgery for healing the tore anal section. In fact, this health problem can be cured using more natural home remedies, which are more affordable. This kind of treatment is also beneficial for patients who think having an anal surgery is not only painful but also humiliating.
Natural fissures treatments at home
Acute anal fissures do not necessarily require surgery to heal. Most of the time, it heals even without any treatments. Although may disturb your daily bowel movements, treating fissures using home remedies is recommended, as it is more affordable, simple, and practical. Some natural ingredients and methods are known to be able to reduce and minimize the effects of anal fissures.
- Aids digestion.
- Softens hard tools.
- Keeps the body system fluidity.
- Prevents constipation.
If you are suffering from tear or split anal section, drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day will be really beneficial. Some considerations regarding this home remedy include:
- Avoid drinking water along with the meals. Instead, drink one glass of water a half an hour prior to eating. This is important, so that the water will be absorbed solely in the intestines, triggering softer stool.
- Drink 2 liter of water per day to prevent constipation and hence, avoid fissures.
- Provide sufficient fiber for healthier bowel movements.
- Prevents constipation.
Fruits is in fact, an effective home remedy which is affordable and can be easily found. Consuming fruits when having tear anal section can follow these methods:
- Make fruit juices and consume it every 2 hours during the day.
- Consume fruits with healthy fibers, such as mangos, papayas, and oranges.
- Avoid consuming fruits after meals, as its function will not be maximized. Consume fruits an hour before meals, instead.
Use soft-surfaced objects to sit on
- Fissures may cause stinging pain when you are sitting, especially with hard surface.
- When suffering from anal fissures, lying down will feel better than sitting.
If your job requires you to sit for a long period while having an anal fissure, use a pillow to support the buttocks and thus, relieve the pain caused by split anus section.
- Doughnut-shaped pillow is recommended, as it gives your anus space to breathe while supporting your whole body weight.
- Avoid using too soft pillows, since it will put your weight on the anus, which will cause the pain to worsen.
Plain petroleum jelly
- Moistens the anal section.
- Help hard stool to pass through.
Plain petroleum jelly is natural and has a very little side effect when applied on wounded body parts. In fact, this jelly-like substance provides moist environment for speeding healing process. Since anal fissures might cause over dried rectum, petroleum jelly can be beneficial in healing it eventually.
- Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly onto the split anus before going to the toilet. This will lubricate the anal section, so that passing hard stool will not be as painful as before.
- Dab petroleum jelly on the anal section before night sleep to reduce anus dryness. This will prevent it from splitting worse.
Hot and cold compresses
- Help providing sufficient blood supply to the wound site to heal the tear and split.
- Done by applying three hot compresses followed by one cold compress to calm the vessels.
- Use a piece of soft towel or a piece of cotton cloth.
- Soak it into a warm water and apply it the fissure.
- Repeat hot compresses for three times.
- Switch into cold compress and apply it to the fissure.
- Repeat the treatment until the pain subsides.
- You need to combine the treatment with sufficient hydration and fiber intake, so that the healing process takes shorter period. Also, make sure you clean the area thoroughly as it may be possibly infected by feces.
Leave a Reply